Friday, July 31, 2009

Swimmimg in the Rain



Last Monday we set aside some time to go swimming at my youngest sister apartment. Unfortunately it started raining. The kids were so bummed. It was only raining a little and so I told them we could get the key from my sister so IF it stopped raining while she was at work we could still go. On the drive over there the rain let up even more and it was very warm outside. The kids really wanted to go swimming and I did not see any lightning so why not. They had a blast. I sat under a tree while they ran around in the rain and swam. We have not had many opportunity to swim this summer in Colorado. ("The Dry Land", is what the kids call it.) The kids have really missed the beach and all the swimming we did in Mass, so I am so glad I said okay. Sometimes a mom should say "yes" when normally she would say "no".

1 comments:

Karen Croft said...

I totally agree with you on the YES! Let kids be kids.
I love you guys and miss you so much!