Thursday, July 9, 2009

Pirates Cove

I took the kids to Pirates Cove last week. It is a water park that is just the right size for us. The water slide are perfect for my aged kids, and I fell comfortable enough to let them run around together with out me. All summer long they have begged to go, but I did not think it was hot enough until recently. It just reach the 90s this last week. Before we have been in the low 80s, which I am not complaining about; but it has been a cool, wet rainy summer so far.

Believe it or not Taydom and Vilate are under the huge waterfall. You just can not see it.

Drying off at the end of the day, and getting ready to go home. Wow! nobody stopped all day to snack, but boy are they starving now.
That night we all iced our shoulders. We put a ton of sunscreen on first thing but I guess we should have reapplied it after a few hours. It is always hard to stop playing and remember to reapply the sunscreen. No one got it bad, just a little pinker them we should have been. We are going to try to go again one more time before school starts.

2 comments:

Stephen and Heather said...

That looks like a fun waterpark. I wish that we had something like that here. We have one swimming pool with a couple of slides that my oldest can go on but are too big for my little kids. You are a fun mom.

Megan said...

We are going on Wednesday! Yeah for fun!