Sunday, July 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Emma


July 7th was Emma birthday. She turned 7 years old. She is a small, petite girl for her age, it's hard to believe she is 7 when you look at her; but talking to her, soon you see how awesome and smart she is, it hard to thinks she is only 7.

Before we moved to Boston my friend lent me her stencil for make my kids some name plates for their rooms and a few other signs to put up in our new home. I made quiet a few and when Emma saw them she asked for one too. I told her I would make her one after I was done with all the others. Well... I forgot, and returned the stencil to my friend and moved to Boston. Emma was so sad and I felt so bad. Anytime we went back to Denver to visit, Emma asked me to make her a name plate. I told her I did not have the stencil any longer and apologized. I really wanted to make one but could not.

She has not mentioned it for awhile and so I did not too. Her birthday was coming up and I try to do something small for my kids to give to their cousin for their birthday. I could not spend alot of money. I remembered about the name plate she had wanted so badly. I called my friend and asked if I coulduse her stencils again. She was so excited and said nobody had used them from the last time I took them. I found some wood that my bother cut down to size and I dug out my mom's old paints. I asked Emma what her favorite color was and she could not decide between 4.

The night of her party we all went to her house for cake and ice cream. I was scared if she would like it or even want it still. She was so excited when she saw it. She said she really wanted one but thought she would never get one because I gave the stencil back to my friend and moved away. That made me fell happy she still wanted it. Next time I need to remember better.

1 comments:

Stephen and Heather said...

That is cute. I am glad that she still liked it even after a few years.