Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Cherry Blossom Festival

Every year the Denver Buddhist Temple holds a celebration of spring call The Cherry Blossom Festival. For many years I have hear about it on the news and read about it in the paper, and this year I really wanted to go. Tyson, I and the kids road the light rail downtown and had a great time. The kids always like to ride the light rail. It takes a lot longer then driving but it add to the fun of the day.

Vilate like the dancing and the native dress. They showed many kind of dances. Some this fans and some with sticks. It was very smooth and beautiful to watch. The lady of the left was so cute. She was our favorite.

They had lots of booths and China things to buy. Vilate liked the jewelery the best. They had so real pretty jade necklaces and so colorful pendants she really liked. We looked at the art work made out of paper, the native clothing made out of silk and my favorite the flower and bonsai trees. I think the kids got a better idea what China was all about.

Taydoms favorite was the marshal art demonstrations. At first they would start slow to show the tecnect, then fast. I was shocked when I got this photo.

Silly us having fun on the train coming home.

0 comments: