Friday, October 31, 2008

Spiders have taken over





A while ago I had this idea to make a huge spider web in the front yard; and then I got sick..... I finally started felling better and just put the webs up the other day. I had a great time making them them. I took white yarn and imagined myself being a spider. The kids loved them too. I took them to local discount store and bought a large rubber spider. They named it Charlotte from the book Charlotte's Web. First think every morning Vilate goes outside to wake Charlotte up. She talked to Charlotte and pretended that she would talk back. That's not quite what I had in mind when I made the webs or bought the large spider but Vilate loved it. Taydom thought it was fun to throw rocks and leaves at the webs to see if they would stick like a real web. He said we need to get a glue stick and rub it all over the yarn to make it sticky like a real web. I love how different my kids are and how they look at things so differently.

3 comments:

Aaron H. said...

Very creative. Nice job!

Stephen and Heather said...

Wow! You are so creative. I just buy our spider webs but yours are so much better and awesome. They look really cool. Your kids are cute with them too.

Kelsey said...

this is pretty awesome!