Monday, October 13, 2008

Vilate's Birthday

October 11 was Vilate birthday. She turned 7. Wow! time flies so fast. I have never see her as excited for her birthday as she was this year. She asked for a wedding castle cake. She drew me picture of what she wanted it to look like weeks ago. I made the towers out of ice cream cones covered with a pink tinted glaze
We got her a new tea set. I adding some decor to it. Once that is done it will be another blog entree. This is her 4th or 5th set. She loves hot chocolate parties. Every other set has been really small. I wanted to find one that was a little bigger. I looked and looked for at least 6 months and could only find small ones. These are actually espresso cup from Crate and Barrel, but they are the perfect size for little hands.

Of course Tyson made her a great dinner. Shrimp Alfredo with peas. She has a very mature taste pallet. I did not start liking shrimp until I was in High School. The rest of us had hamburgers. We are really trying to keep the grocery bill down. She felt so special to have that much shrimp.


We had the family come over for cake and ice cream. They stayed and played Barbies for a while. Vilate wanted a friend party but I told her no because she had a big one last year and this year we do not have the money. I think she had as much fun if not more this year with just cousins as she did this year.

3 comments:

balmforth.family said...

what a cake! I'm impressed!

Stephen and Heather said...

Happy Birthday Vilate! You are so creative and talented Ann. The cake looks awesome.

Karen Croft said...

Happy Birthday Vilate! You are getting to be so beautiful!!!
Ann...you amaze me. I love the cake and the fun things you guys do!
Miss you,
Karen