Saturday, July 19, 2008

A day at the Ocean

We had the best time this weekend. Tyson had a business thing in Newburyport so the kids and I came along to spend the day at the ocean. Tyson dropped us off at Salisbury. Salisbury is located right were the Merrimack river and the Atlantic Ocean meet. As we got out of the car I saw this boat docked. A nice couple took this of the kids and I. ( I really want to try to get in picture more often) It had just docked a few hours ago. It came in from the Atlantic and up the Merrimack. WOW..... It would have been really cool to see it in full sail.


We walked down the river to the ocean. We could hear the waves but could not see them until we turned a corner. As soon as Taydom saw the wave he turned to me and said "Forget everything I ever said....I want to be a surfer when I grow up!" He could hardly wait to get in the water. I lathered them up with sun screen and they charged right in. At first they were a little timid but that did not last long.





The water temp was in the low 60, but the kids just loved it. They got out once and awhile to warm up, but that did not last long. Just as soon as they were warm they jump right back in water.

It was hard to pull them out of the water to eat.


Taydom loved splashing and jumping in the waves. He would run out and turn his back just as the waves hit him.


By the end of the day Vilate would go out quite far in the water and ride the waves back into shore. She saw some older kids doing it and she had to try it. She takes to water very well. I am amazed at everything she does.


After the beach we walked around downtown Newburyport. So cute. Every store window had great displays, every windowsill had flower box below it, and every light post had beautiful flower baskets. I could spend a whole day just walking around from store to store.



The kids did not last long walking around downtown Newburyport. They were getting tired. We got back in the car and drove a little ways to Plum Island. We found a small Light House. (Very Small)

Vilate took this one of Taydom and Me


Taydom took this one of Vilate and I.


Tayom took this one. He was so upset that we could not go in the Lighthouse. We will have to find another one that will let us inside.

This house is on Plum Island facing the ocean. How much do you think it is selling for? $2m or maybe $3m? There are alot of homes for sale there. I guess it could be the market or the economy.
We drove back through Newberry Port on the way to the Higway. I have got to come back and spend more time just walking around. SO CUTE!

1 comments:

balmforth.family said...

That isn't the same place that we went. That place looks like a lot of fun, you'll have to tell me where it was.