Monday, February 2, 2009

Taydom Birthday Party.

Saturday was Taydom birthday. We invited the cousin over for dinner with cake and ice cream. Tyson made spaghetti. one of Taydom favorites. All the kids sat at one table while the adults sat at another. I think the kids like to be away from their parents at dinner sometimes. We always hear them laughing a having a great time. It nice to know everyone gets along.
Taydom thought for sure he was getting the Lego Power Miner Christal Sweeper. We had been asking for it for a while. We showed it to me on Lego.com over and over. He showed me how it work and told me why he needed it. Of course we got it for him but he did not want him to think we did, so Tyson came up with a great idea. We wrapped a small boxes with one clue leading to another small box with a clue to another and another all around the house. The fist box he opened really caught him off guard. I told him to show me what it was so I could get a photo, and you can tell from the wonderful smile on his face it was not what he wanted.
After running all over the house a few times following the clues he finally got his Lego Power Miner Christal Sweeper. He was so excited!!!!
I made GFCF vanilla cupcakes with chocolate frosting for him. The past few birthday parties he has been to, they've had chocolate and he has been wanting it for a while. I hunted down a GFCF chocolate frosting receipt and all the necessary ingredients. The receipt "sucked" to say the least but I had to make it work. After a little playing with the ingredients, it turned out really well. I also made another regular cake for everyone else. Taydom will be getting cupcakes in his lunch for the next week or so.

1 comments:

Karen Croft said...

You are an awsome mom!!!! I really admire you!
Karen