Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

Tyson and I are really tight on $$$ so for Valentine's day we did not go out to dinner or buy each other anything but, still had a good one. We hung out around the house and spent the day with the family. My brother's friend was feeling bad and not having a good Valentine's day. I helped my brother make this bouquet of kisses and peanut butter cups roses to take to his friend

After giving the kids their Valentines from Tyson and I, we made sugar cookies and decorated them. Vilate loves to cookies dough the best. My too.
Later that night we doorbell ditched a few people we know. We tried to pick people that may have needed a little extra love. (older, signal people that spouse have died) The kids loved to ring the bell and run as last as they could.


I am sure that everyone know whoi the cookies were from. The kids were laughing and having such a good time that the person at the door had to of seen them. I hope the kids learned that it is nice to try to help others feel loved too.

3 comments:

Karen Croft said...

I hope that is what I get for commenting on your "you can win" post. They look yummy! You are such a good mom to do those fun things with your kids. It will make great memories and a strong family bond.

Stephen and Heather said...

I remember door ditching when I was little. I even remember door ditching you guys and thinking that I had gotten caught. Either your mom really didn't see me or she pretended not to see me.
Those cookies look really good. I tried a new recipe for our sugar cookies this year and they weren't very good.

Megan said...

We loved the cookies! Thank you for thinking of us!