Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Dog Sitting




Saturday morning a friend called and ask us if we would watch their dog while they went out of town for a few days. I know the dog and know it would be fun for the kids so of course I said yes. Sunday morning came and the kids were so excited. Crocket was so friendly he took to the kid right away. Vilate had been over to play with him a few times so I think that made Crocket fell okay right away. Taydom was so excited he was jumping around and could not hardly control himself for a while. Crocket did not seem to mind the excitement. We took Crocket out on many walks and play fetch over and over. That night when the kids went to bed they put Crocket in his crate. He cried and cried. Taydom came to me and said he did not like that it. We tell Crocket out and Taydom put his arm around him and said he was so sorry he put Crocket in his crate. Crocket slept at the foot our Tyson and my bed that night. The kids played all day Monday with Crocket. We went for many walks again and played outside all day. One of the walks Crocket pooped. I told the kids they needed to clean it up. They did not want to do it but I told them if they wanted a dog they need to show me they were ready for one and if they could not pick up the pooped they were not ready to have their own dog. Taydom ran away but Vilate was brave enough to do it. I put a plastic bag on her hand and she grabbed it and put it in the outside trash. I was so proud of her and very surprised too. Vialte is ready but Taydom is not. We are looking for the right dog at the right price. We have found the right dog but NOT the right price so we are still looking.

1 comments:

Karen Croft said...

I hope you had fun with Crocket. He sounds like a good doggie. Guess what Taydom . . . . Uncle Abe doesn't like to clean up dog poop either! But you have to do it if you have a dog.
I love you!
-Karen