Saturday, April 26, 2008

2 kids on 2 wheels



Vilate wanted to ride her new bike that we bought last year. First thing after breakfast we went outside to try out her bigger new bike. When we bought it I wanted it to last a few years but I think it was just too big. But with an extra year of growth and lessons on the smaller bike it made all the difference. She got on her bigger bike and after a short time she was an old pro.

I wanted Taydom to try the small bike without training wheels but he would have nothing to do with the bike until I put them on. He road it around our house for a while after breakfast. After lunch and around 1:30 the kids wanted to go to a park to ride bikes, so off we went to the park down the street. The training wheels were too big for the small blue bike and so I was not able to put them on very tight and of course they became lose at the park. It made Taydom very mad when I would not go back home to fix them. I told him I would help learn to ride without his training wheels and after an hour of being mad at me he finally decided to try. It did not take him long but he got it. He had his own way of getting started but it works. I guess this means I need to buy another bike. He is so proud of himself.

1 comments:

Karen Croft said...

I am so happy that you two can ride bikes! They are so much fun! I love you guys,
Karen