Thursday, April 24, 2008

2 Wheeler


Last summer we bought Vilate a bike. All summer long she tried to ride it but it just did not come. The training wheels kept moving no matter how tight I made them. It became so frustrating for Vilate. This summer she really wanted to learn and I wanted to help her find a way and then a few days ago a neighbor gave Taydom a bike. Their son had out grown it and we had been talking about getting Taydom a bike and so it worked out great. This new(old) bike is smaller and much lighter. I though it might be a better bike for Vilate to try. I lowered the seat as low as it would go so she could sit on the seat and still haver her feet on the ground. For about 1 1/2 hours she practices balancing as she sat on the seat with one foot on each side. After it looked like she had gotten the balance down I showed her how to push one foot on the ground while another foot pushed on a peddle. It did not take long before she was off and riding. SHE IS SO EXCITED!!!! We were outside practicing the rest of the afternoon. With scratched up and tired legs she finally decided to come in about 4:00 to rest, but as soon as dad got home at 4:45 she was out there again excited to show him. And again after dinner; the only thing she could think about was riding. As she was getting into bed she asked me if I would wake her up at 6:00am so she could ride her bike. She wants me to take the training wheels off her bike tomorrow.

2 comments:

Karen Croft said...

Vilate you are amazing! You did such a good job on that bike! I am so proud of you!

Unknown said...

You are Awewome! You go girl.

Nana