Saturday, August 9, 2008

Balloon Light


We had the best time tonight. Hudson's Elk's Club is hosting a hot air balloon festival this weekend, and we went to balloon lighting. As soon as I heard about it I wanted to go. As a teenager my family would go up to Steamboat Springs in Colorado for the balloon festival. We camped in tents and got up early to make the first lift off. I was always around 6:00am. We would hang out around Steamboat that day and at night came my favorite part.

The kids had a blast. Only one balloon was on the field when we made it there. The Re-Max balloon was giving ride all day long. We saw each balloon as it was unloaded from the trailer and blown up. The kids were so excited they could hardly control themself. We were so close.


Looking inside the balloon when it was being blown up.

We bumped into a few people we know. First we saw Raymond, from Taydom relay team in track and them our friends the Gilfords. It is really nice to finally know enough people that you might see someone you know when you go out.

I really enjoyed it too. I have never been so close at night. I have only seen them from a distance as they light up. We could feel the heat from the burners.

1 comments:

bookworm said...

I love your balloon pictures. They almost make me feel that I am there again. Glad that we could meet up. Too bad that they didn't continue doing balloon rides into the evening in the colorful balloons.
Amy