Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ellyse's Blessing

The first Sunday in December was Ellyse's blessing. I was a great day for our family. My mom bought a blessing bless a few years ago for my sister but she had a boy and so it sat unused for about 6 years. I liked the dress but not the lace. It looked very Gothic and Catholic so I was not use if I wanted to use it. After looking around and not finding something I liked that was within my price range I decided to use the dress. I removed all the lace very carefully around the sleeves, collar and bottom of the dress. I tatted some lace to replace the lace I removed. I think it turned out very nice.

I started tatted these booties after learning that we were having a girl with the ultra sound. They took about 30 hours each. They may not have taked so long but I have not tatted for a few years. I tatted the same booties for Vilate blessing.


We also took a family photo that day. I think I turned out pretty good. We are so excited and very gratefully to have Ellyse a part of our family.


4 comments:

Stephen and Heather said...

Good job on the booties. They are cute. And Ellyse is so cute.

Esther Strickland said...

You guys look amazing! Congrats again ann!!!

Alisha M said...

that is some seriously beautiful tatting! Can I get a copy of the pattern for booties from you? Our little girly is going to be here before I know it, and I would LOVE to do something like this with my "resting" time on my hands. email is iamalisha@gmail.com...or I'm willing to drive where ever you are to make a copy. Seriously. Please? You did a great job.

katie said...

You are so talented! Not only do you put to use "use it up, wear it out, make do, or do without" - one of my favorite mantras right now - but you make it pretty too. I'm just so impressed!!
Love & miss your beautiful family!