Friday, January 22, 2010

Ouch!!!!!


After taken GG to an eye doctors appointment and we stopped for lunch. We had just gotten our food when my phone rang. It was the school, Vilate had fallen on hurt her arm. They could not tell how bad it was but they wanted me to come. I apologized to GG and told her we had to go right away. We got doggie bags and ran out the door. As soon as I saw Vilate's face I could tell she was in a lot of pain and was trying to be brave. Carefully we got her into the car and went to Kaiser nearest urgent care clinic. They x-rayed her arm and elbow and found her elbow to be dislocated. (badly)
They told me it was too severe to fix there, and we had go to the emergency room at the Hospital downtown. I took GG back home and drove Vilate downtown to the emergency room at St. Joseph's hospital. They took her back right away and made her as comfortable she they could. Every one was so nice. They took an other x-ray for an other angle.

Her elbow need to be reset and in order to do that they needed to sedated her. WOW! okay. They put an IV in and hooked her up to the monitors. They gave her the sedation meds and she was out. I left the room, I could not watch. It only took a few minutes and they called me back in. Her elbow look much better. (Like an elbow should look) They brought in an X-ray machine and took some more photos. Everything looked good. They were starting to wrap her arm and elbow when she woke up. You could tell right away she felt better.

By the time we left the hospital Vilate had color back in her checks and she was smiling and acting much better. They told us to call and made an appointment for one week with orthopedics.

0 comments: