Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bike Crash into the Rose Bushes

Early this summer my bike rears broke. I took it to the bike shop and they said it would cost over $200 to fix. Yikes! So my bike sat most of the summer. The kids had been missing our bike rides. They have been riding their bikes around the neighborhood but that's about it. My brother Eric jumped on it the other day to take a little ride. Little did he know what a mess he was getting into. He came home and asked what happened to my rears. I told him what the bike shop told me and he said he would take a look at it. Why did I not think of him before. He use to work on bikes when he was younger. He raced and jumped BMX bike all the time. He was able to fix my bike for about $60.00. Yeah! So happy!

The day the brother fixed my bike I was not having a good pregnancy day, and did not fell well enough to ride. Vilate wanted to try it. We put the seat down all the way and she was able to reach the peddle just fine. She rode it around the block and few times. We were all excited to have me bike working well. I went inside to get something and shortly after I heard Vilate scream. She was not able to get off the bike very easily and fell into the rose bushes. Luckily she did not fall directly on a bush but in between them. She had tons of scratches from the thorns and lots of blood. Some of the scratches were really deep and others not so bad. My bother was there when it happened and so he was able to keep her calm so she did not get hurt worse. He helped use clean out the thorns and I finished cleaning it and used anti-infection spray. She is healing well and says she like to ride her bike best.

2 comments:

Karen Croft said...

ooooohh, what happened?!?!? I hope you feel better ;)
Love you!

Stephen and Heather said...

Oh my gosh, that was a really good crash.