Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Amy's Baptism

Sunday Jan 11 Amy Guilford was baptised. Amy and I became friends while we lived in Mass. I could not miss her baptism and so I flew to Boston Saturday.
Saturday night it started snowing. The weather man said it be a big storm of 10+ inches. I was praying that we would not get that much. The church building in Mass is down a big hill were snow collects easily and once your down in the parking lot it is hard to get out. For this reason church gets canceled alot in the winter. Amy's baptism was scheduled right after church and if it was canceled ..... they could not cancel church.

Sunday morning we woke up to 4 inches of snow. I was so happy we did not get a ton of snow. About 9 ish we got a call saying the stake president had canceled church. I could not believe it. The people I was staying with called the bishop and ask about the baptism, and soon we got and other call saying the cancellation was a mistake and church was still on. I was so happy.
By 12:30 when we headed to church the roads were plowed and clear. The baptism was great. The bishop shorten church by one hour so everyone could get home before the roads got icy again. Almost everyone stayed after church for the baptism. Amy's husband Jim and son Micheal were there too. The spirit was so strong. Mark Edlinger talked about baptism and Alison Bamlforth talked about the Holy Ghost. Amy was baptized by Elder Powell. After many people hung out and talked and ate munchies. It was a great day.
Amy has been one on my all time best friends. I am so glad we now have the Gospel in common too.

1 comments:

Stephen and Heather said...

That is awesome that you could be there with her. Congratulations to her.