Tuesday, January 13, 2009

An Afternoom with Freinds

Monday before I returned to Denver I spent the day with friends. Alison picked me and Amy up and we drove to see the Temple. Amy had not seen the Temple before. It was great to show her it. Of course it was closed because it was Monday. Alison pointed out that the temple had a theme through out it. I did not know that and I was eager to learn it too. Who knows.... maybe in a year I will flight back again to go through the temple with Amy.... and hopefully Jim and Micheal too.


After visiting the Temple grounds we drove downtown and had lunch at Quincey Market. Last time I was there it was soooo busy. This time it was not crazy busy and I was able to enjoy it much more. I had Lobster Bisque, Alison had a Gyro and Amy had Lentil Soap. It is so great how you can get any type of food.

After lunch we walked around "The North End". We saw Paul Revers house and "The Old North Church". The Old North church is were Paul Revere hung the lantern alerting that colonists the at the British troops were coming. I love how New England decorate for the holidays with wreaths, red bows and pine garland.



I love Italy pastries. Just down the street from my home in Boston was a small Italy pastry shop. Every once in a while I would treat myself. I had heard of this pastry shop in Little Italy but never went, and so when Alison mention it while we were in The North End I was excited and really wanted to try their yummy treats. I saw a piece of Ricotta Cheese Pie that look so savory and heavenly. I got a piece and was so excited to sit and really enjoy it. At the airport I made it though security, put my bag and coat down and my box with my pastry on top. I closed my eyes for just 30 minutes to relax. I opened my eyes and it was gone.....someone stole my pastry! I could not believe it. My mouth is still watering.



It was so hard to leave. It took me a while but I really love New England. I had a great trip.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I am SOOO happy that you got to go and that everything worked out with the baptism and the weather.

balmforth.family said...

NO WAY!!! They took your pastry! That is wrong. I'm so sorry. I'd mail you one if I thought it'd make it there. It was so great to see you. Next year sounds perfect!