Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I have the best Hubby

This December 17th is Tyson and my anniversary. We will be marry for 10 years. Wow! We are old! We have plans to go the restaurant were he prepossed to me. I am really looking forward to it.

About the bag.....2 summer ago I bought my first Vera Brady bag and just fell in love with it. (They are very popular in New England.) It has tons-o- pockets to put things in and tone-o-room for everything else. I just love it. The colors of my first bag are very summery and I did not think I could use it in the winter and so I put it away and pull out an older winter bag. HATED IT! Tyson told me to go buy another one for winter but I could not find a fabric I liked so I never got one. (I'm a little picky) When summer came around I was so happy to pull out my Vera Brady bag again. I just love it so much. Well, summer is over and it is again winter and I pulled out me old winter bag to use. Tyson again told me to go buy another bag but I'm not is Boston any more and they are no where to be found. I had concluded in my mind that I was not ever going to have a winter bag I liked. And so it went on until one day I was shopping with Grandma and found a very similar style bag in a home decorating shop. It had winter colors and would do but.... I was not in love with it and so I decided to wait and think about it. That night I told Tyson about it and wanted to show it to him. He said he would go with me that weekend and so the day went on. A few days later I was digging thought my older winter bag saying some unkind things about how I could not find things and how much I hated it. Tyson handed me a white box and told me to open it. I asked what it was and he said it was my anniversary gift. I told me it was not for at least another week and he insisted I open it now. Guess what was inside. THIS BAG! I could not beleive it. "Were did you find it?" I yelled. A few weeks ago he had been up north were his parents live and was shopping with his mom. He had been hiding it for at lest a month. It is the newest fabric and I LOVE IT!



Oh... by the way. Did I mention I have the best husband? He is so kind and very thoughtful.

Here is a photo of my summer bag.

3 comments:

Stephen and Heather said...

Way to go Tyson! I love when husbands are so thoughtful and surprise us.
I have never heard of these bags, I will have to go check them out on the web.
Oh and Happy Anniversary! 10 years! WOW!

Megan said...

I love that bag!

I think Complete Gourmet has those bags (at least similar ones). It is just south of Dry Creek on University. It's a kitchen/cool things store.

Karen Croft said...

What a great bag! Good Job Tyson!!!