Monday, September 1, 2008

not in Boston any more

The Winfreys do not live in Boston any longer. :( We took a week to travel across the country and tried to make a vacation out of it. We loved seeing the church history signs on the way. I enjoyed seeing the kids love Nauvoo. I did not want to leave. As soon as we left and heading west I could not help but think that we were going the wrong way. We need to be going east, not west. But we kept going west and west some more until we reach Denver. Last night Vilate had a hard night. She was crying and said " I miss my friends and teacher in Boston. I do not want to live in the dry land. Mommy, I don't want to put lotion on, I do not like lotion, I do not like the dry land. I want to live in Boston and go to the beach." Tonight after putting the kids in bed Taydom came out just crying his eye out. "Mommy I want to go home." "Were is HOME?" I asked him. "You know, Boston Massachusetts." He sat and cried on my lap for awhile. I cried too. Denver is my home, and I love Denver, but right now I do not want to be here. I do not want to battle these battles, or fight these fights that I know are coming. I will enrolling the kids in school tomorrow, and Wednesday I have an appointment to meet with the Special Ed personal. And so it starts...

3 comments:

balmforth.family said...

WE STILL LOVE YOU!

Neal said...

We sure miss you guys...and pray that everything works out, no matter where you happen to be ; )

bookworm said...

I'm sure glad you made it out to Denver in one piece. We all miss you so much. Michael cried most of his first day of school because Taydom wasn't there. Good luck with school. We will try to set Michael up with the web cam soon. Send us your e-mail address or telephone number so we can also set up a time for the kids to talk. Keep the faith.
Amy