Monday, November 16, 2009

ER and EKG

One afternoon Taydom was having a hard time at school. He wanted to get away from is teachers, turn around and ran head first into a wall. The school called me and I got there as fast as I could. At first he appeared to be fine but after awhile he lost consciousness. He was out for what seemed forever. We called 911 and was on the phone with them when Taydom woke up. Because he was able to talk and move his body with out help we decided to take him to the ER rather them having an ambulance come.

The ER took him back right away. The doctor looked at him and check him out every well. First he had an X-ray of his neck to make sure nothing was broken there. Then an MRI to look at his brain. The last test was an EKG that came back slightly off. We made an appointment for a pediatrics cardiologist. A few days later we went to our appointment. They found a small abnormality in his heart rhythm but the doctor said nothing to worry about. Everything is okay

2 comments:

Stephen and Heather said...

Oh my word. How scary! I am glad that everything is ok.

Karen Croft said...

Oh My!!! That is scary. I am glad that everything is ok, but keep a watch on his heart. If he starts getting palpitations for no reason get him to the ER asap. I love you!