Sunday, September 20, 2009

HUGE sunflowers

This summer we planted a garden. Needless to say it was not one of our most successful garden, but we did get some lettuces, a few zucchini and cucumbers and HUGE sunflowers. I'm not a sunflower seed eater, I planted a few seeds thinking it would be fun to watch them grow. I can not believe how tall they got. The kid loved the huge leaves and once they bloomed they really got excited. Tonight a huge cold front is coming and so yesterday we harvested most of our garden and sunflowers. We saved some the sunflower heads to dry and roast. I never roasted sunflower seed but we will see how it turns out.

2 comments:

Stephen and Heather said...

Wow- those are huge!

Alisha M said...

oh goodness. Those are very large sunflowers.

How are you? Sarah and I were thinking about you and wanted to know more about what you're up to.

love ya!