Thursday, April 30, 2009

Easter

We had a great Easter this year. We started the week off by making baskets out of paper mache with newspaper and balloons. In the Colorado dry air it only took 2 1/2 day for them to dry. I saw this on a freind blog last year and wanted to give it a try and sence our Easter baskets were in storage I thought it might be a fun craft to do.

I spray painted them and the kids later painted flowers, rabbits and Easter eggs on them. Taydoms had to be blue, Vilate wanted red (her new favorite color) and Maddy's was purple.


Saturday afternoon we were invited to an Easter egg hunt and lunch. The kids had a great time, and Tyson and I saw some friends from our old ward. I was great to reconnect with them again.



Saturday night was a busy night. We started it coloring eggs, and finished itdoor bell ditching.

It one of the kids new favorite things to do. I think they get a kick out of the running away and finding part the best.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

those easter baskets have to be the coolest thing i've seen in a while!

Stephen and Heather said...

Those Easter baskets are a cool idea. I will have to remember them for next year.